International Conference on Human Rights Education (ICHRE)
'Unleashing the Full Potential of Civil Society'
26-29 November 2018
Sir Ian and Nancy Turbott Auditorium, Western Sydney University, Parramatta South Campus, Cnr Victoria Rd & James Ruse Dr, Rydalmere
The 9th International Conference on Human Rights Education (9th ICHRE) coincides with the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the 25th anniversary of the education-oriented Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action.
Much work has been done to improve knowledge and education about these principles of human rights globally. But there is still much work to do to embed these principles into everyday thinking where they can underpin civil society.
On this anniversary, the 9th ICHRE will explore the question: how can human rights education (HRE) develop and strengthen civil society and transform the ways in which civil society works?
The Conference will explore:
- HRE issues including national and international curricula, pedagogy, and best practices;
- contemporary challenges to HRE;
- how HRE can develop and strengthen civil society, and contribute to social cohesion;
- latest research, practices and trends in HRE;
- information and experiences on HRE; and
- participants’ practical knowledge and skills through workshops.