Western Sydney Recovery College
25 July 2019, 10.00am-2.00pm
What is anxiety? This program builds understanding of anxiety and how it impacts on individuals, their carers and families. The program also explores recovery, self-management strategies and other techniques that provide practical assistance to those living with anxiety.
By the end of this workshop, students will have achieved the following learning objectives:
- Describe the 6 main types of anxiety disorders and how common they are
- Define and describe the signs and symptoms of anxiety
- Explain the Biological, Social and Psychological causes of anxiety disorders
- Describe the common treatments for anxiety and their effectiveness and problems.
- Use the CHIME model to look at things they could do to help the recovery process
- Identify some of the actions and language that are helpful to people with anxiety