Full Time Maternity Leave Position.
Autism Advisory and Support Service are growing our allied health team to meet the demand in our community.
- Are you passionate about helping people?
- Would you like to be a part of a fantastic team in a flexible working environment?
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Award Classification: Health Professional and Supports Services Award 2010.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus superannuation, generous salary packaging is available
Position Purpose: To provide professional speech pathology/therapy services to children with autism spectrum disorders and their families.
Autism Advisory and Support Service (AASS) is an autism service which has a multidisciplinary team of therapists and is based in Liverpool and working within the south west Sydney area. Working together we deliver high quality individualised support to children and young adults with autism and their families. We are innovative and practical in our approach to providing support and in our work practices. Our dedication to the organisation and our commitment to continuously improving our service, as well as ourselves as individuals, keeps our culture vibrant & energetic.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting of individual communication needs including but not restricted to: social, receptive and expressive skills
- Developing and implementing evidence based therapy for children and young adults with autism spectrum disorders
- Working as part of a team dedicated to deliver high quality support to children and young adults and their families
- Working as part of a team and be given opportunities to grow with the organisation
- Tertiary Degree in Speech Pathology;
- Current or eligible Speech Pathology Australia registration i.e. eligible to provide NDIS and medicare funded services.
- Current Working With Children Check
- Have a current Australian driving licence and access to a car;
- Experience as a qualified Speech Pathologist (preferably including disability)
- Previous experience working with individuals with an Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Committed to ongoing professional development and learning
- Experience working in a multi or trans-disciplinary team
Desirable but not essential criteria:
- Experience working with paediatric feeding or fussy eating issues in children with Autism.
- Experience with multimodal communication and Alternative and Augmentative Communication systems
The successful applicant will:
- Be able to manage your workload and work autonomously with clinical supervision;
- Be a team player with a “can do” attitude.
- Self-sufficient, able to take ownership of the role
- Quick learner, keen to adopt new systems and technology
- Keen eye for improving processes and work flows
- Clear open and transparent communicator
- Celebrate success, strive for excellence and continuous improvement
What we offer:
- Regular clinical supervision
- Free onsite parking
- Access to a multidisciplinary team and support from other allied health professionals
- Diversity in service delivery model e.g. school, clinic, individual, group etc.
- Access to professional development and networking opportunities including in-house training
- Flexible working hours
- Potential for ongoing work after maternity leave cover
If you thrive in this type of environment, are enthusiastic and committed to going above and beyond for our clients we would love to hear from you. Send your CV to email@example.com