Are you working on growing your social enterprise? Do you want to become investor-ready? Kick Starter can help you develop your social venture and build your networks and knowledge, so that you can increase your chances of attracting investors. Round Two of Kick Starter 2019 is available to existing growth or pre-growth stage social ventures with a proven model who are working towards becoming investor ready in 2018/2019.
Kick Starter is a business planning competition and small grants program funded by the Macquarie Group Foundation for early stage social ventures and run by SEFA Partnerships.
Over the 12-week program (Mid-August - November) Kick Starter participants will gain knowledge and resources in become investor-ready and will also develop a business plan with mentor support from Macquarie Group employees.
Round Two applicants must:
- Be a part of a social enterprise at pre-growth or growth stage.
- Be able to demonstrate the enterprise is innovative ie, it addresses an unmet social or community need; and/or creates a new model or way of meeting that need; and/or draws on existing innovations.
- Commit to developing and submitting a business and action plan at the conclusion of Kick Starter, engaging in peer learning sessions and attending key workshops (Induction day, Empathic Negotiation, HR101, Managing Investor relations and Building your advisory /governance network) .
- Be able to participate in group learning sessions and face to face meetings with mentors in Sydney.
- Be able to engage relevant partners in the innovation design, development and implementation of the social venture.
Applicants will be required to complete an initial online application and, if successful, a 3–5 minute pitch to a judging panel in Sydney, made up of sector experts and representatives from SEFA Partnerships and Macquarie Group.
Applications close: 30 June 2019.