The Multicultural NSW Celebrating Diversity Grants Program invests in community projects, events and activities that foster community harmony and celebrate cultural diversity as a precious part of our identity and way of life.
Celebrating Diversity: Events – aim to support festivals and events that bring communities together, showcase the benefits of cultural diversity and promote social cohesion and community harmony. Celebrating Diversity: Events aim to attract everyone to share in the celebration of cultural diversity. Grants of up to $10,000 are available for Celebrating Diversity: Events.
Celebrating Diversity: Projects – aim to support new projects and initiatives that bring communities together and make a lasting positive impact on social cohesion. Celebrating Diversity: Projects aim to build community capacity at the grassroots, foster cross-cultural engagement and support the participation of migrants and new arrivals in society. Grants of up to $40,000 are available for 12-month projects than can make a lasting positive impact on social cohesion at the grassroots level.
All Celebrating Diversity Grant applications (Events and Projects) must address one or more of the Agency’s strategic priorities:
- Embracing a shared and active commitment to cultural diversity by sustaining wide-reaching, accessible and robust relationships.
- Increased community participation and engagement at grass-roots, online and cross-sector collaborations.
- Cultivating participation through language for all the people of NSW.
- Utilising cultural diversity as an asset to improve social cohesion and community harmony.
- Enhanced communication, coordination and capability across private sector, local communities, and government on priority issues.
To be eligible for grant funding an organisation must:
- be a non-profit sharing organisation
- be located within NSW
- confirm past and current funding sources for the past three years
- have acquitted all prior grants
- demonstrate how the Event or Project will address Grant Objectives
- demonstrate how the Event or Project aligns with Multicultural NSW’s strategic priorities and initiatives
- demonstrate how the Event or Project will measure outcomes
- demonstrate that the Event or Project is cost effective and viable with an accurate budget
- have all appropriate insurances and licenses
- for Celebrating Diversity Events, confirm other funding sources that are contributing the total event budget
- submit an application online through the Multicultural NSW approved SmartyGrants portal before the closing date with all aspects of the application form completed
- deliver the project within 12 months of receiving the grant
- promote the Multicultural NSW and NSW Government funded event or project on their website and social media platforms.
Celebrating Diversity Grants – Projects
5 November – 14 December 2018
Celebrating Diversity Grants – Events
21 January – 25 February 2019