The Myer Innovation Fellowships aim to support breakthrough solutions to Australia’s most pressing social and environmental challenges and bring new talent to the social sector. Fellows are offered the unique opportunity to take twelve months away from their current role to pursue a big idea that has the potential to achieve positive outcomes in the areas of:
- Poverty and Disadvantage
- Sustainability and Environment
- Human, Civil and Legal Rights
The Myer Innovation Fellowships provide recipients with time and support needed to develop their ground-breaking idea into a sustainable plan for action. Fellows will each receive $120,000 for their 12-month commitment to the program and an additional $30,000 will be available to each Fellow for approved expenses such as work space, rent, travel and contracting of external expertise.
The Myer Innovation Fellowship program provides support to individuals rather than organisations. The program seeks exceptional leaders across all sectors (private, public and non-profit) and from all types of professional backgrounds.
The applicant must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Reside in Australia for the majority of the Fellowship period
- Be prepared to take a sabbatical from their current role for twelve months
- Have a proven track record of risk-taking, out-of-the-box thinking
- Have an ability to turn ideas into action
- Have well-developed networks within an area of the proposed project.
The proposed project must:
- Be based in Australia
- Be aligned with one or more of the subject areas of Education, Poverty and Disadvantage, Sustainability and the Environment, and Human, Civil and Legal Rights
- Have been in development for not longer than three years.
Expressions of Interest close: 18 August 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to prepare a detailed application.