NAIDOC Grant funding is provided by Aboriginal Affairs NSW to support activities and events in NSW held during NAIDOC Week (4-11 July 2021) that celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history, culture and achievements. The theme for NAIDOC Week in 2021 is Heal Country!
Events and activities must be held between 4 July 2021 and 30 November 2021.
Applicants can apply for grants from $500 to $3,000.
Who can apply:
Aboriginal Affairs NSW NAIDOC Grants, where possible, are distributed to Aboriginal run and controlled organisations.
Eligible applicants are:
- incorporated not-for-profit organisations registered with NSW Fair Trading under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 (NSW)
- Aboriginal Corporations registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cth)
- not-for-profit companies incorporated in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
- Local Aboriginal Land Councils established under the Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1983 (NSW)
- NSW Local Council operating under the Local Government Act 1993 (NSW)
- Incorporated Cooperatives (incorporated under state/territory legislation, and commonly have ’Cooperative' in their legal name)
- incorporated trustees on behalf of a trust, including Catholic School trusts
- unincorporated groups who have entered into an agreement with an eligible organisation to receive and manage the funding.
- be located in NSW and/or delivering a service to communities within NSW
- have public liability of at least $20 million per claim.
Applications close: 23 April 2021.
Get the latest funding opportunities in your Inbox: Subscribe to Funding e-News