The NSW Government's Department of Communities & Justice Access to Justice Innovation Fund's aim is to encourage innovative ideas that will help increase access to justice in NSW, to help remove the barriers that prevent small businesses and individuals from getting the right information and help to resolve common disputes quickly and fairly.
Grants will be allocated to applicants that clearly demonstrate how their low cost, high impact projects can reduce barriers to the justice system, particularly for socially and economically disadvantaged communities.
Priority will be given to proposals addressing access to justice concerns for:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities;
- regional and remote communities; and
- communities experiencing disadvantage.
Projects must be focused on areas which fall within the NSW Government’s legislative responsibility.
Projects could include those that aim to:
- explore new approaches to the delivery of legal assistance services and the resolution of legal problems;
- help people to navigate and access the justice system;
- promote collaborative approaches to reducing barriers to justice; and/or
- demonstrate how technology can improve access to and user experience of the justice system.
Applications are open to non-government organisations, not-for-profit organisations, or businesses that provide services to people living in NSW.
Applications close: 14 March 2021.
Get the latest funding opportunities in your Inbox: Subscribe to Funding e-News