The Local Sport Defibrillator Grant Program allocates $4 million over four years to assist sporting clubs across NSW in the purchase and maintenance of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs). An AED is a life saving device which delivers a controlled shock to an individual experiencing cardiac arrest, increasing their chances of survival.
The Local Sport Defibrillator Grant Program provides NSW sports clubs and councils the opportunity to acquire an AED package for their club or sports facility at a reduced cost.
Sporting organisations and councils will be able to choose from a panel of approved AED Panel Service Providers and a variety of AED packaged services with the level of customer service that meets their needs.
An AED package will include:
- An AED
- AED familiarisation instruction (within 28 days of delivery)
- A minimum of six years of essential AED maintenance
Who is eligible to apply:
- Incorporated, not-for-profit sports and recreational clubs or other incorporated organisations in NSW that are sport or recreation related
- State or national sporting organisations on behalf of member clubs located in NSW
- Licensed sporting clubs, providing that the project directly benefits sporting activities
- Sport clubs associated with a school, church or university providing they are an incorporated not for profit club in their own right
- Councils, and sport and recreational facilities owners on behalf of sport and recreational clubs
- Service clubs such as Rotary, CWA and Lions, on behalf of sports clubs
Applications close: 12 April 2021.
Contact: 13 13 02.