This round of the Safer Communities Fund from the Australian Department of Home Affairs targets organisations with demonstrated experience in providing early intervention activities to youth at high risk to prevent them from engaging in criminal activity or anti-social behaviour. The objectives of this grant opportunity are to:
- contribute to the preservation of the safety of Australians through funding local crime prevention activities that address anti-social behaviour by youth at high risk
- help marginalised youth aged 12-24 at high risk to develop life skills, including through educational and vocational skills to prevent them from becoming entrenched in the criminal justice system and to promote inclusion and build community resilience.
Eligible activities must directly relate to the project and involve youth engagement activities aimed at crime prevention.
Grants available are between $200,000 and $1.5 million. The grant amount will be up to 100% of eligible project costs.
You must complete your project by 30 April 2024.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- not be currently funded for an Early Intervention project under Round 5 of the Safer Communities Fund
and be one of the following entities:
- an incorporated association
- an incorporated not-for-profit organisation.
Joint applications are acceptable, provided you have a lead applicant who is the legal entity responsible for the project and is eligible to apply.
Eligibility letters: You must meet all eligibility criteria set out in section 4 of the grant opportunity guidelines. This includes the submission with your application of 2 signed eligibility letters on the templates provided that confirms:
- you are active in engaging youth at high risk in your community of focus
- your organisation delivers or has delivered programs that engage youth at-risk of engaging in crime or anti-social behaviour.
Applications close: 22 July 2021.
Contact: 13 28 46 or email@example.com
Get the latest funding opportunities in your Inbox: Subscribe to Funding e-News