Women NSW's COVID-19 Sexual, Domestic and Family Violence Infrastructure Grant Program aims to support sexual, domestic and family violence services, including organisations working with perpetrators to respond to the challenges posed by COVID-19.
This one-off grant funding is available for projects that fall within the following categories:
- Acquisition of land or buildings suitable for the provision of frontline services.
- Construction of new accommodation suitable for the provision of frontline services.
- Refurbishment, repurposing and improvement of buildings from which frontline services are delivered. This may include projects such as:
- improving access for people with disability,
- creating spaces for children such as outdoor areas, playgrounds, games rooms or healing and wellness rooms,
- upgrade to existing kitchens, bathrooms, living areas/ bedrooms, office,
- constructing or installing new spaces or demolishing existing buildings,
- building additions or upgrades at women’s shelters and other frontline,
- expansion of existing dwellings, including refurbishments and repurposing buildings, and land clearance and site works
- construction of ramps or parking spots/spaces etc., and
- painting, plumbing, roofing or electrical services.
The funds cannot be used for non-infrastructure initiatives, staffing (except as part of the delivery of the infrastructure e.g. for trades persons) or ongoing operational costs.
The minimum grant is $25,000; there is no maximum.
To be eligible for funding, applicants must currently;
- provide a direct and frontline service to people experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, sexual, domestic and family violence; or provide services or programs for perpetrators, as part of their overall service delivery model; and
- be established in NSW and operational.
Eligible applicants may include not-for-profit organisations including community organisations and/or faith-based organisations.
Applications close: 23 April 2021.
Get the latest funding opportunities in your Inbox: Subscribe to Funding e-News